The City of Ravenna is located in Northeast Ohio, approximately 18 miles east of Akron and 35 miles southeast of Cleveland.
Our location is one of our biggest strengths. Ravenna is centrally located in an area surrounded by major transportation modes and routes. Ravenna prides itself on its rich history and heritage.
Founded in 1799 and developed throughout the 1800’s, much of Ravenna’s original downtown architecture remains today. In 1999, Ravenna invested $3 million in renovating and restoring the downtown area.
Today, the community boasts a unique mix of old and new, with numerous industrial facilities thriving within the community. While many communities pour millions into retail/commercial development that tries to recreate a vintage look, Ravenna already offers a tasteful mixture of structurally-sound contemporary and historic buildings in a picturesque downtown and traditional residential neighborhood layout – walking distance from town.
A walk down Main Street Ravenna is authentic, not a newly built imitation. You’re visiting an authentic piece of American History. Ravenna is uniquely positioned to excel in the current trend toward returning to that Main Street USA feel.
Ravenna enjoys a diverse economy of businesses and organizations equally represented by manufacturing, trade, services and government. A combination of international companies as well as locally owned companies provide good opportunities for residents to work within the City.
Ravenna’s close proximity to next-door Kent State University, Hiram University and Northeast Ohio University College of Medicine offers employers a wealth of highly skilled employees. Ravenna is home to UH Portage Medical Center, a member of the University Hospitals network.
- Interstate 80 (Ohio Turnpike)
- Interstate 76
- State Rte 5
- State Rte 59
- State Rte 44
- State Rte 88
- Portage County Regional Airport – 29G
- Kent State University Airport – 1G3
- Akron-Canton Regional Aiport – CAK
- Cleveland Hopkins International Airport – CLE
- Norfolk Southern Corp.
- CSX Transportation, Inc.
- Wheeling & Lake Railway
- Akron Barberton Cluster
- Manufacturing – 14%
- Trade – 12%
- Services – 11%
- Government – 14%
- Parker Hannifin – Plastic extrusions
- University Hospitals – Portage Medical Center – Healthcare
- Rock Ten – Paper container manufacturing
- Saint Gobain – Performance plastics
- Paris Industries – Healthcare linen services
- Sirna &Amp; Sons – Produce distribution
- Allen Aircraft – Aviation parts production
- Performance Elastomers – Custom rubber extrusions
- Ravenna Public Schools
- Maplewood Career Center
- Kent State University
- Hiram College
- Northeast Ohio Medical University
- Biomed STEM Academy
- University of Akron